No news is good news. Matt's levels are continuing to stay right where they should be and our lives are very uneventful at this point, which is such a welcomed change. Matt continues to check in with the doctor or nurse practitioner each week just to make sure he's right on track and so far, so good. He continues to get stronger each day and even made it out for a 2 mile walk. This nice weather has really been helping him feel energized. His nausea has pretty much subsided, with an occasional bout first thing in the morning, but it's very easily managed. So overall, he's doing great! His only major complaints thus far have been the nausea and his head getting cold. :) Hopefully both will resolve themselves quickly.
 |
As I edit the many photos I took during transplant, these seem to sum it up the best. |
We can't thank you all enough for your continued love and support. There are times I sit back and think about how much everyone has given through this entire process. We continue to be amazed at the outpouring of love and support that we receive every single day from friends and family, near and far. From people we see every day to friends we haven't talked to you in ages. And as I reflect on all that has happened since August, I have realized one very important thing - the man I married is truly one of the most amazing human beings I've ever met. From the day he was diagnosed, he's had nothing but a positive attitude about it all. There are so many times I forget about the awful physical effects this has on him. I forget because I have never heard him complain about any of it. He's never once complained about sitting through an injection, blood draw, chemotherapy drip, or even sitting in a hospital for 15 days for a stem cell transplant! He continues to handle it all with grace and unwavering strength. And what is also incredibly clear is that he continues to surround himself with amazing people. People who are undoubtedly the most loving and sincere people I have ever met. So thank you, to all of you for being exactly that.
All our love,
Matt & Mandy
Comments
Post a Comment